A New Voice with a New Vision
I am deeply committed to serving my community by taking an active role in projects such as the Shubenacadie Canal Commission, Portland Estate and Hill Resident Association, Nova Scotia Human Rights Commission and with the HRM Special Events Advisory Committee. With thousands of regional and provincial community hours, I am passionate about our community and our province and am proud to be a part of our growth and success.
With the support of the community, I have led initiatives and raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for the local, provincial, and national causes that are of importance to the community as well I hold close to my heart. This includes protecting community green spaces, supporting fellow Canadians in need, and celebrating diversity and culture.
In 2002, I migrated from India to Canada, and within a few months, I immersed myself in the Dartmouth community and was very happy with the support I received as well many other benefits that helped me feel comfortable in my new home. Putting down roots with my wife and having two children, we knew right away that Dartmouth was the ideal location for us and a great place to raise our children.
I am currently working as a Quality Manager at MetOcean Telematics Ltd and have 15 years of experience in Engineering and Quality Control. I have progressively advanced my career and understand the value of understanding the work culture in Nova Scotia and be successful along side my colleagues.
I have an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering and a Post-Graduate Diploma in Quality Assurance and Manufacturing Management. I am an ASQ- Certified Quality Auditor, Quality Engineer, ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor, and a Six Sigma Green Belt. My educational experience has assisted me in achieving my goals and can assist me as a leader in our community.
Vishal's Accomplishments & Experiences:
Raised $27,000 to Heal India Campaign to help Indian Red Cross to support COVID-19 efforts in India (especially oxygen cylinders)
Founder and President of Nova Multifest Society (New Annual Multicultural Festival at Alderney Landing)
Raised $53,000 to donate free groceries to people impacted by Covid-19 pandemic
Raised $120,000 for new playground for Dartmouth Academy (New P-9 School)
Raised $20,000 for Fort McMurray Fire relief
Raised $20,000 for Nepal Earthquake relief
Helped collect clothes and shoes for Haiti Earthquake relief
Helped raised $200,000 for Vedanta Ashram Society
Board member of Nova Scotia Human Rights Commission
Member of Ellenvale Jr. High School Advisory committee
Member Ellenvale Jr High Parents Special Project Group
Founder and President Nova Multifest Society (New Multicultural Festival at Alderney landing)
Past Board Member, Nova Scotia Film Board
Past Volunteer at Portland Estate Elementary School’s Annual Spring Festival
Past Fundraising Committee member for Dartmouth Academy (New School)
Past Volunteer at old Nova Scotia Multicultural Association
Past Board Member, Newsletter Distribution Chair, PEHRA
Past member for HRM’s Special Events advisory Committee
Past board member Shubenacadie Canal Commission
Past chair, Vice Chair, Treasurer, program Chair for American Society for Quality Section 411 serving Atlantic Canada
Past President, Vice President, Youth Chair of Indo Canadian Association of Nova Scotia
Vice Chair and Public Relations Chair Vedanta Ashram Society
Past Soccer Coach for Dartmouth United Soccer Club
Giving back to My Community
With teammates, friends and members of our community, I have raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for local, provincial and national causes close to my heart including protecting community green spaces, supporting Canadians in-need and celebrating diversity and culture. I served on the community on the Board of Shubenacadie Canal Commission, HRM Special Events Advisory Committee, Portland Estate and Hill Resident Association among many other local associations and boards and have received numerous awards in recognition of my community commitment and passion.
Specifically, my participation as a Board Member on the Nova Scotia Human Rights Commission has brought me closer to the priorities and challenges of all abilities and cultures. I will continue to push forward issues and soutions to ensure sustainability and equality is present in our community for all residents, and for future generations.
My main goals as your candidate are to:
• Work with stakeholders, small businesses, and community groups on the Covid-19 pandemic in our area to ensure they have the support they need.
• Improve public transit to that is fast, efficient, and greener. It will help lesson the need for larger roads, parking lots and there by reduce carbon footprint and pollution and reduce road congestion.
• Improve affordable housing and rent control, as these are major cause for concern for our youth, new young, and senior families. We know affordable hosing help reducing poverty, homelessness, educational disparities, and health issues.
• Educating and empowering our youth is extremely important to me as access to education is the fundamental right for each child.
• Improve services related to seniors, disabled, mental health and students by working closely with government and community groups.
• Climate change may be a global concern, but it impacts our local communities. In the fight against climate change, advocacy and action need to start at home. I am committed to promoting actions to address this important issue
• Continue to make Cole Harbour-Dartmouth a vibrant community by promoting human rights and working closely with our hard-working volunteer organizations.
• Focus government resources on small businesses to create employment opportunities for our youth in our community and reduce wage disparity.
• Advocate for reduced tuition fees for your university students.
• Establish a working group to develop a relationship with Bollywood to increase film production in Nova Scotia.
• We know affordable childcare helps promote parent employment and family success and I will continue advocate for more affordable childcare options.
• Having a year-round world-class soccer facility in Dartmouth, parents will no longer have to go Halifax every day for their child’s daily or weekly training classes especially in the winter season. We know a healthy life is important for all ages and this facility will help our youth gain the support they need to compete locally, nationally and on the world stage. We can leverage our international events/ tourism in our city to build our Dartmouth brand!
I have had the opportunity to be the liberal Candidate under the leadership of Premier Stephen McNeil who did a great job to serve our beautiful province and helping us sail through the pandemic. I look forward to serving under Premier Iain Rankin who is working hard to build a stronger Nova Scotia, and I cannot wait to be part of his team to bring a positive change to our community and full his three priorities advance our economy, act on climate change, and create more opportunity, while taking a more inclusive and sustainable path.
I aim to have the opportunity to speak with you before the nomination to know firsthand what your expectations are from myself and the Liberal party. By having the opportunity to be voice of our community and advocate on your behalf, I will work hard for the people of Cole Harbour- Dartmouth. Together, we will accomplish great things!
Let’s build stronger thriving communities together!
From my 18+ years on the ground, I have my pulse on many concerns and ideas to help build a stronger, inclusive, and sustainable community.
I am committed to listening and moving forward new ideas and plans that are important to you. In the coming weeks as I engage in more discussions with you, these priorities will continue to be investigated to support what is important to you.
We are part of a unique district that defines our community. We aspire as individuals, organizations and businesses to create a sustainable healthy community.
Vishal's Liberal Root's
· Board Member Nova Scotia Liberal Party since 2019-2021
· Board member Cole Harbour-Dartmouth Provincial riding 2020-2021
· Big Sign Chair, Dartmouth Cole Harbour Federal Election 2019
· MLA Candidate, Dartmouth South in Provincial Elections 2017
· Campaign Manager for Tim Rissesco, Dartmouth South, 2015
· Campaign Manager for Allan Rowe, Dartmouth South, 2013
· Past President, Cole Harbour Portland Valley Liberal Association, 2014-2016
· Organization Chair, Dartmouth South, 2013-2014
· Member at Large, Dartmouth South, 2006-2015
· Member at Large, Dartmouth Cole Harbour Liberal Association, 2008-2016
· Door Knocking for all provincial and federal Elections Since August 2003
· Election Day Driver for all provincial and Federal Elections since August 2003
· IT/ Liberalist Chair, Dartmouth Cole Harbour Federal Elections, 2015
· Annual volunteer at Nova Scotia Liberal Party Water station for Bluenose Run
· Annual volunteer at Nova Scotia Liberal Party AGM
· Annual volunteer at Nova Scotia Liberal Party Natal Day Parade
· Election Day Scrutineer for provincial and federal Elections
Now more than ever we must be ready to come out stronger and more united.
Be Vocal for Local
Connect with Vishal on social media to stay up to date.