Working Together for a Strong Community
I am proud to be your Provincial Liberal candidate for Dartmouth South.
In running for election, I am giving back to a community that has given so much to me. I came to Canada as a landed immigrant in 2002, making Nova Scotia and specifically Dartmouth my home. I’ve worked hard, upgraded my education, and made my home in Dartmouth with my wife and two children.
As a volunteer, I have been extensively involved in our community, serving on the Board of the Shubenacadie Canal Commission and the Nova Scotia Human Rights Commission. Professionally, I am a quality assurance manager with a multinational manufacturing firm. I work toward excellence in my job and in everything I pursue.
My focus is on serving the most vulnerable in our community, including seniors, the disabled and our children. My vision for Dartmouth South includes:
- Improving services related to seniors and high school children by working closely with government and community groups
- Ensuring our P9 school is operational by 2017, by working with municipal, school board and provincial staff.
- Having a year-round soccer and multi-purpose recreational facility.
- Making Dartmouth South a vibrant community by promoting human rights and working closely with our dedicated volunteer organizations.
- Beautifying and promoting our Dartmouth waterfront, and bringing the Multicultural Festival back to Dartmouth by closely working with our municipal, provincial and federal partners.
- Improve opportunities within the film and creative industry by partnering with international film industries such as Bollywood.
- Focus government resources on small business to create employment opportunities in our community and reduce income disparity.
- Work with the Nova Scotia Department of Health to increase patient services at the Dartmouth General Hospital
Over the coming weeks I will be knocking on doors, speaking with members of the community and asking for your support. Together, we can accomplish great things.